You've consulted with your vet and decided that you want to try CBD for your cat or dog. Congratulations on taking the next step towards optimal wellness for your pet. There are a lot of CBD oils on the market. How do you choose the best one for your pet?
Here's what you should be looking for:
1. Your CBD oil should be organic or organically-grown. CBD should not contain pesticides, fungicides, heavy metals, or residual solvents.
2. Your CBD company should openly provide 3rd party test results. Test Results should show CBD potency and a THC level of less than 0.3%. This should be readily available on their website or upon request.
3. Test results should match the amount of CBD shown on the label. Example: a 250mg CBD oil should have lab tests results that show 250mg or more.
4. Your CBD company should use natural solvent (ethanol), CO2 or a solventless extraction process.
5. The CBD label should clearly state the ingredients and suggested dosage.
6. Your CBD should not have added preservatives or flavors. While bacon, peanut butter, and chicken flavor may be delicious to your pet, they also mean that additional ingredients and chemicals have been added to create those flavors. The only "natural flavor" your pet should receive is the flavor of the Hemp/CBD extract and it's carrier oil. Nothing else.
Our Companion's Best Day CBD Oil is a simple blend of organically grown full spectrum hemp extract/CBD based in organic hemp seed oil.
Once you've found a reputable company that you'd like to order from, reach out to them with any questions. They should be willing and able to answer or direct you to a source that can answer your questions.
CBD is perfectly safe for pets when chosen properly. There is no risk of your dog or cat overdosing on CBD. At the worst, if given too much, you would only notice drowsiness or loose stool.
Doing your research on CBD ensures that your pet receives the best care and benefits without worry.